This is a step-by-step guide and helps you start taking advantage of ChildDiary.
This guide is for:
- Who already decided and wants to start as soon as possible
- Who is still deciding and wants to see how ChildDiary helps
With ChildDiary you will be able to:
- Drastically reduce the time spent with paperwork (assessments, reminders, daily routines tracking, observations linked with the curriculum, planning, …)
- Create individual or group portfolios that help you plan and assess more effectively and based in evidence
- Increase parental involvement privately and respecting the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Ensure you are always ready for an inspection
1- Create your account
If you want to use ChildDiary individually or as a tool for everyone in your childcare service, you have to start by creating an account:
If you don’t have an account, visit:
If you already have an account, login:
2- Try it
To try ChildDiary we recommend the following steps:
- Do at least one observation e link it with your curriculum
- Check out the curriculum report to see how observations will help you assess and plan
- Look at a child’s profile to see how parents have access
- If your childcare service has babies or young children, explore the daily records to see how they faster than the traditional daily sheets
3- Add groups
A group represents a set of children (ex. Preschool) or a room (“3 years”, “Pandas”, …).
- If you use ChildDiary in a single room, simply create one group
- For your childcare provider, you will need to create one group per room
You can create your rooms here: https://app.childdiary.net/add-groups
4- Add children
Each child has a private profile and only who you define has access.
Who sees what?
- Management has access to the profile of all children
- Educators have access access to the children in their group
- Guardians only see the profile of their children
Add your children here: https://app.childdiary.net/add-children
5- Invite your team
Note: this step is optional for anyone who purchased the Room Plan
By now you should have your groups and children. Afterwards you will have to invite the other staff members.
Staff members have one of the following roles:
- Management, see all the children
- Teacher, only see the children in their room
To add staff members visit: https://app.childdiary.net/add-staff
6- Invite parents
Parental involvement is very important for children to learn and grow healthy.
ChildDiary allows you to reduce time with paperwork and curriculum planning while streamlines parental involvement in a secure and private way.
Remember, guardians only see their own children. You can also decide not to share everything that is in the child profile with guardians.
To invite guardians visit https://app.childdiary.net/invite-guardians and choose the child you want.
Guardians will receive an email with instructions on how to activate their accounts.
7- And if you need help?
We are a team of educators and we are hear to help you.
- Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See? It is easy! If it is not, we are here to help you! :)